Often the families who stay with us at RMHWM don’t have time to plan or even pack for their stay. Therefore, we rely on our community to help supply items for these families to help lessen their burden. Supplies for our kitchen, pantry, laundry room and guest rooms are crucial so that we can keep provide for families who may otherwise go without the basic necessities.
We invite schools, churches, individuals, families, organizations and employers to set up a collection drive to help us make our House a comfortable home for guests.
To keep it simple, we’re created a few “kits” that are specifically designed to meet the needs for families. We’ve also provided a few links as examples of what we’re looking for. Learn more below:
Please note: RMHWM cannot accept donations of used bedding, clothing, stuffed animals, furniture and pillows.
Don’t forget to use smile.amazon.com and choose Ronald McDonald House of Western Michigan as your charity of choice!
Warm Welcome Bags:
- Blankets (new or handmade)
- Robes (new; various sizes)
- Men’s & Women’s Slippers (new; various sizes)
- Water Bottles & Coffee Mugs – travel or regular (can be branded!)
- Notebooks & Pens (can be branded!)
- Coloring Books
- Coloring Pencils
- Small games & toys for kids
- Water Bottles/Tumblers for kids
- Stuffed Animals (new)
- Kids Slipper Socks (new; various sizes)
Hygiene Kits for Men & Women:
Baby Going Home Kit:
- Onesies & other baby clothes (preemie & newborn sizes)
- Sleeper Sets (preemie & newborn sizes)
- Diapers (preemie & newborn)
- Baby Blankets (new or homemade)
- Baby’s first year photo book
- Newborn baby toys (teethers, books, stuffed animals, etc.)
- Picture Frames (4×6)
- Milestones Stickers (birth-1 year)
- Baby & Mommy skin care sets
- Gas Gift Cards
- Meijer Gift Cards
- Mastercard/Visa Gift Cards
- Transportation Gift Cards
- Walmart Gift Cards
Visit our full Amazon Wish List here to see other ways you can help Families at RMHWM!