May 2021 Update
The Ronald McDonald House of Western Michigan is thrilled to share with you the reveal of our 2021 room renovation project! We are incredibly grateful as we have navigated the continued impacts of COVID-19 to announce that our room upgrades are now well underway and nearing completion. As all the pieces come together, we are confident that these updates will enhance the care and comfort of families served by RMWHM and allow for efficient cleaning and maintenance of these spaces over time.
Click on the before photos below to see the transformation!
- Commercial grade room furniture and donated TempurPedic mattresses with the support of Fervor Moving
- Hospitality grade linens supported by the Amway Grand
- Room artwork supported by Mike Schurr and Paul Soltysiak
- Removal of old furniture and donation to Habitat for Humanity
- Preparation of rooms for the return of our families completed by West Michigan Marketing Association
We are filled with gratitude to the Ronald McDonald House Outstate Charities and the West Michigan Marketing Association, as their generosity and support has made this project possible.
We are grateful for the opportunity to provide a space that fosters mental, physical, and emotional rest for families with critically ill children.
March 2021 Update
The Ronald McDonald House of Western Michigan is excited to share an update regarding our 2021 renovation project of all family rooms. The project is officially underway, and we look forward to the significant impact these updates will provide for families served by the House! Throughout the planning and implementation of this renovation, our decisions have been informed by an investment in high quality long-lasting impact for the care and comfort of families.
SO FAR WE HAVE:
• Worked with our partners in the hospitality industry to gain access to affordable, plush, hospitality grade bedding and towels
• Obtained cushioned luxury vinyl tile flooring at cost from a generous community partner
• Utilized connections within residential life to identify commercial grade furniture that will be both comfortable and practical for our families for years to come.
• Acquired TempurPedic mattresses free of charge through a partnership with Ronald McDonald House Global
• Purchased new smart TVs with streaming capability for all rooms.
This project will enable us to enhance the care and comfort of our families, increase overall capacity of our rooms to keep families together, and provide for efficient cleaning and maintenance of family spaces over time.
We are incredibly grateful for the generosity of Ronald McDonald House Outstate Charities and the West Michigan Marketing Association for making this project possible.